Requirements and eligibility for candidate
- Essential : The applicant should possess either of the following postgraduate degrees:
- MS or DNB in either of the following disciplines: Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery or General Surgery
- MDS in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- MDS must have minimum 6 months of observership at a reputed head & neck centre approved by the task force. Any institute where HN MCh/Surgical Oncology MCh / FHNO HN Fellowship are available can be recognised as approved observation centres.
- M.Ch. or DNB in either of the following disciplines: Surgical Oncology, Head & Neck Oncology or Plastic Surgery
- Desirable (not mandatory) : An inclination toward head and neck oncology corroborated by relevant supporting documentation for the below-mentioned:
- A significant proportion of head and neck surgeries assisted/performed under supervision during residency training
- A postgraduate thesis topic pertinent to head and neck oncology
- Active participation in and presentations at oncology meetings
- Observership at institution/s specializing in head and neck oncology (for MS / MCh)
- Prior publications relevant to head and neck cancers
- Letter/s of recommendation by head and neck faculty who were prior mentors.
NB. International candidates will be considered and should possess a postgraduate degree/diploma that is considered equivalent with the above listed qualifications by the FHNO institutional fellowship Task Force. The sole decision on consideration or equivalence will rest with the Fellowship Task Force.